Wednesday 27 April 2011

Day 21: Green Tea with Blueberry and Raspberry

Today I got up much earlier than I normally do. Because I work from home, I'm not a slave to the alarm clock as many people are. (Some days I hardly pay attention to it at all, I must admit...although then I get emails from people asking why I'm working at ten o'clock at night!)  But today was a very full day and what encouraged me was that I didn't want to miss out on my morning walk/run.  I'm beginning to see the benefits of going out at around the same time, for the same distance, every day. It helps me wake up, it settles my mind, it gives me time to think, and most importantly it gets me outside. I'm so thankful for every day that I can go out and walk, and sometimes run a little. It truly is a one day at a time thing.

My tea today was Green Tea with Blueberry and Raspberry. A new one for me - Pin was out shopping and noticed it, so she got me a box since my other green teas were nearly gone. (I haven't calculated yet how quickly I go through a box of green tea, but considering I have a cup every morning when I wake up, and sometimes a few decaf ones throughout the day, it's pretty fast!)

This is probably the lightest (flavour wise) of the green teas that I've tried. It almost tasted watery, and I left the teabag in for the same amount of time as I usually do. I struggled to find the blueberry and raspberry taste - but the interesting thing was that after I had finished the cup, and took the teabag out to lay it aside, a very strong blueberry aroma drifted up to me.  Perhaps I should have let it steep longer...like a day or two? I'll try it again tomorrow and see if it's any different.

Found a few blueberries in the freezer...didn't try them in the tea this time, but they make such a pretty photograph, I had to include them in my daily photo.  Little ice crystals and all.  I find it fascinating that we paint blueberries as 'blue' when really they're a dusky purple.

Enjoy your tea today!

Walk/run length: 35 minutes

1 comment:

  1. ....this makes running out of the queue to get the right tea feel like the proper thing to do! Love these dusky blue photographs.

    ReplyDelete