Friday 24 June 2011

Day 70: Bewley's Pure Rooibos

I think I was at a Bewley's hotel in Dublin about six or seven months back and took this one with me to go.  (I love taking tea packets from hotel rooms...or hotel breakfast rooms...my only rule is that I can't take so many as to be greedy, and there's a fine line. How many do you take from your hotel room? One or two?  Some people drink a lot of tea, and that's what it's there for.  I generally take the ones that I like, and leave a few for the room.  If I got bad service, though, I take them all.  That's right!)

Okay, tangent over.  So this is a 'pure rooibos', which can go either way.  Some rooibos teas are lovely, and some are pretty dark.  I really like this one - Bewley's chose well here! There's that slight bush-flavour, as though the tea leaves just came out of the dirt...but good clean dirt. It's hard to describe. It's not too heavy, if you don't oversteep, and has that slight caramel or toffee taste, a sweet tea without any sugar in it.  Lovely to drink at night before going to bed, too, because it's caffeine free and won't keep me awake for hours.

Walk/run length: 40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment