Friday 24 June 2011

Day 64: Fog Tea

This is a tea that I got at Souvia in the States, and I did something different and bought it solely on the basis of its name.  I live in Britain, so I figured a green tea that included the word 'fog' would not only be applicable, but a perfect match for a wet or drizzly or gloomy or foggy evening.

Unfortunately, this is the first green tea I really just don't like.  No matter how I steep it, it tastes like green tea that has sat around too long. I'm not sure what taste I was expecting from the word 'fog'...maybe a green tea that was fairly soft, not too bitter, with not much of a taste at all, I suppose.  I looked up the description on Souvia's site, and it said that it's a combination of green teas that are grown "high in the Wu Lu mountains where there is always clouds or fog".  And so the plant produces more chlorophyll...and there we have it.  Unfortunately there I have it, an entire package of this loose leaf tea, but I've had the brilliant idea of mixing my own loose leaf teas with all the ones I have, so I may do that soon!

Walk today was hard, but good...and right at the end I was running past a guy who was watching me come, and I thought 'ah, maybe here is some encouragement'. I was very near the end of my walk and usually I just walk the end, but I thought I'd push on and even run most of the end.  I was pretty proud of myself for being able to do that, since I'd run a good portion of the rest as well.  Unfortunately, all I got as he neared was, "You can go faster than that!"  Of course, as we all know, the initial response is nothing, or something useless, and then when you get home you come up with all these brilliant returns that would make him feel like a fool.  I don't know why I didn't think of, "So can you!", but I was pretty worn out, and that was a pretty discouraging thing to say.

On the other hand, it certainly stuck with me, and there have been days after this one that I thought about it and realised that although it wasn't true then, when he said it, there are times when it is true. I'll just take it for when I need it, and ignore it the others!



Walk/run length: 40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment