Friday 24 June 2011

Day 65: Green Chai Tea

This was another one from my friends at Tea's Me Cafe, and another one that I bought because it sounded amazing, not because I loved the smell or taste of it.  I am learning my lesson to smell the loose leaf tea, and if possible try some before buying 75g of it!  I like it all right, but chai is very, very powerful, and this one is no exception.  Even smelling it kind of blows you away! 

When you smell it, it does kind of remind you of a green Christmas.  Cinnamon, cardamom, green leaves, spicyness...it's a sharp and tangy taste, powerful, with hardly any of the 'green' taste at all.  As a chai it's very light - without the milkiness of a usual chai, it's not heavy, and I think it could be a good one if combined with some other teas or flavours. 

Or perhaps I should try it as a proper chai!

Walk length: 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment